The Comprehensive Home Energy Performance Audit builds on the essentials of a Basic Audit and utilizes advanced diagnostic equipment to quantify and pinpoint energy waste, find solutions to your comfort issues and provide recommendations to improve your indoor air quality (IAQ). These tests may include the use of such tools as a Blower Door, Temperature readings, or Duct Blower. The Comprehensive Home Performance Audit provides you with recommendations based on their cost benefit allowing you to make educated decisions on future home repairs, maintenance, updates, and major improvements.
- Inspect exterior & interior of home and Photograph key features for analysis
- Inspect Construction methods and factors effecting durability and function
- Review orientation, exposure, weathering, windows, and shading of home
- Assess Solar Gain, Wind Exposure, Weather exposure & wear
- Visual inspection of home’s thermal envelope (insulation & air leakage)
- Inspect and note Insulation type(s) and level(s)
- Visually inspect for bulk moisture issues (walls, crawlspace, gutters, yard drainage, roofing & flashing)
- Visually inspect for capillary breaks, Masonry weep holes, sump pump installations
- Assess Drainage Plane condition and function
- Measure humidity levels and conduct basic visual inspection for Mold, Mildew, Rot & Fungus
- Measure water consumption flow, hot water heater settings & conservation options
- Visually inspect furnace(s), air conditioner(s) and water heater(s)
- Inspect dryer, range, & bathroom exhaust ventilation systems for sizing, condition, and function
- Visually inspect thermostats, humidistat’s and other ventilation controls
- Inspect Ductwork / distribution systems (air returns, supply, duct controls)
- Conduct a Blower Door Test to determine air infiltration rate, zonal pressures, and confirm alignment of thermal and pressure boundaries.)Evaluate lighting efficiency
- Note major appliance efficiencies, conditions, & function
- Measure power consumption of Refrigerator
- Review and discuss renewable energy options
- Provide Homeowner Consultation & Education
- Provide record of all diagnostic measurements
- Calculate energy intensity and Home Heating Index
- Calculate Seasonal and Baseload energy consumption
- Provide photographs of problem areas with descriptive narratives and solutions
- Provide written report with a list of recommendations & specifications for repairs
- Include a preferred provider list for contractors and suppliers
- Provide energy efficiency tips to reduce energy use & environmental impact
Do I need a Home Energy Audit?
Take this Simple quiz to find out.
Log in information provided by Home Chek.